gfwc logo 11x11.png

The General Federation of Women’s Clubs was established in 1889. It is one of the world’s largest volunteer women’s service organizations.  

 

In 1950, GFWC officially divided the country into four regions and in the ensuing years this number was increased to eight encompassing all 52 state federations. It is one of the world’s largest and oldest nonpartisan, nondenominational, women’s volunteer service organizations, was founded in 1890 and chartered by the 56th United States Congress in 1901.

Headquartered in a National Historic Landmark building in Washington, D.C., GFWC has a long history of philanthropy, social and political advocacy, and community leadership.

 

What is GFWC?

More than 100,000 members in affiliated clubs in every state and more than a dozen countries work in their own communities to support the arts, preserve natural resources, advance education, promote healthy lifestyles, encourage civic involvement, and work toward world peace and understanding.

 

Nearly 80,000 members strong, GFWC is united in its dedication to volunteer community service.  While diverse in age, interests, and experiences, all clubwomen are united by a desire to create positive change in their communities.

 General Federation of Women’s Clubs   

Our club is a member of GFWC Florida, which is comprised of 187 clubs and 7,500 club women.  During the pandemic year of 2020, GFWC members across Florida volunteered over 550,000 hours, participated in over 10,000 service projects, and donated over $2.9 million in grants, and scholarships.